Monday, September 8, 2008

My First Blog Entry in my Third Blog
















So I am giving this a shot. My first blog entry in my third blog!!! I have tried 2 other blogs & the management tools do not make sense so I will use the blogspot that my friend Patty uses, at least she can help me if I can't figure it out!!! If you are reading this, welcome & thanks for visiting. The photos are my entry for the Breaking Traditions Art Quilt Exhibit at the American Sewing Expo in Novi, Michigan at the Rock Financial Showplace. The exhibit dates for 2008 are September 26 - September 28.
Inspired by sspyndel's photo: http://flickr.com/photos/sspyndel/2465950118/

Fabric paint, Shiva paintstiks, thread painting, hand beaded, machine appliqued & quilted, hot-fix crystals.
Made in honor of my dear friend Patty , http://pcoxdesign.blogspot.com/
I must admit I am very proud of this piece, proud as a peacock. Oh very corny, well get used to it there will be more I am sure.

I have resisted starting a blog because I wasn’t sure what I wanted to write about. My quilting art, cats, hockey, or TV. Welll I think a bit of everything will be here. My 3 main loves are my cats, hockey, and quilting. I like to make my own fabric or paint what I am quilting, but am not opposed to using prints or batiks if they serve my purpose. I am not a purist, yet. I’d find it hard to part with all my print fabric that I have collected since I started quilting in 2002.











9 comments:

Sherryl said...

Looks like you are on the right track to me! Enjoy the adventure.

pcoxdesign said...

Way too cool this piece. Of course I am a little partial to the piece!!

Tanguera said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. The Adirondack colour wash sound interesting. Enjoy the blogging journey--figuring out what to blog about gets easier with time.

Wil said...

Lovely peacock!

Wendy said...

It looks great, love the colours!

Keep up the great work!

My hockey season started last Friday with a pre-season Junior game...great to be back! I also loved going to see the game in shorts and a t-shirt...us Canadians don't get to do that very often!

Cay Denise said...

Blog looks really nice...congrats!

Cay Denise

Katherine McNeese said...

WAY TO GO GIRL!

HockeyKitten said...

You are all so wonderful. Thanks for stopping by & for all your comments.
Christine

sharonb said...

Sharon B waving from down under hear - I hope you enjoy blogging and welcome
Don't worry too much and have fun as all we are really doing is chatting to each other